Pakistan has some of the slowest Internet speeds in the world, ranked 172
According to a recent report by Net Index, the fastest download speeds in Pakistan can be found in a little town on the Pakistan-Indian boarder, leaving major cities like Lahore and Karachi in the dust. The data shows that tiny Goth Fazal offers speeds of 2.96Mbps as opposed to the national average, which is 2.31MBps. Overall, Pakistani speeds rank at 172 on the global scale.
While Pakistan fares better than countries like Afghanistan, Cuba and Egypt in global speed rankings, it doesn’t come close to neighbor countries like India (ranked 130) and Bangladesh (166). Uploading speeds are slightly better with a rank of 162 and an average upload speed of 1.10Mbps. It should be noted that Pakistan failed to make the quality index due to lack of data.
Pakistani Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif has spoken of his commitment to the national internet infrastructure, and of his aim to create a far more digitized Pakistan. It seems that 2014 will be the year for Pakistani internet speeds.
Incoming search terms:
- india vs pakistan internet speed (25)
- pakistan internet speed ranking (18)
- indian internet vs pakistan internet (2)
- INTERNET speed Pakistan vs india (1)
- internet speed india vs pak vs bangladesh (1)
- internet speed in pakistan vs india (1)
- internet speed in Pakistan in list (1)
- internet speed in india vs Pakistan (1)
- internet rates comparision between pakistan and india (1)
- indian net vs pakistani net (1)
- india vs Pakistan speed network (1)
- india pakistan compare internet (1)
- india and pakistan high net speed (1)
- imternet comnectibity india vs pakistan (1)
- what is the fastest internet speed Pakistan (1)